Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Confessions of a Working Mom: 3-minute Festivity

I've never been the most crafty woman in the world...or...ok, at all.  Does giving your kid a dollar store coloring book and markers count as crafty?  Cause that's about the level I'm on. .

That said...I still want my kids to have some fun festivities.  But, if you'll remember our mantra...Keep It Simple, Sweetheart!  Kids don't really care if it's elaborately designed, or thrown together in 3 1/2 minutes.  So why do you??

Parents, I give you....the jack-o-lantern patty.  Turkey burger patty, cooked in the microwave in 3 minutes.  Cheese slices cut into shapes put on top and melted in 30 seconds from the heat of the patty.  And an 89 cent ghost cup to top off this spooky dinner.

You'll be surprised at how thrilled little things like this make your kids!  And you won't feel to shabby either :)

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment